It is a interesting fact that millions of people start a blog each year. Another interesting fact is that millions of people give up on blogging each year as well.
Just as in starting a business, building a successful marriage, or any other enterprise one might endeavor, at the root you must ask, and answer, an all important question: Why?
Here, the question is: why am I blogging?
Here, therefore, is this blog's mission statement:
- Resolved: to create a written legacy, of my life and faith, for my immediate family, as well as future generations of my family.
- Resolved: to force upon myself the habit of note taking as I journey forward in my faith so that I may learn well.
- Resolved: to seek other Christians from around the world, whereby we may strengthen one another in our daily walks and together keep ever pointing each other to Christ.
- Resolved: to communicate in a manner so transparent that it may be possible for others to see and find Christ through me.
- Resolved: to give my friends a window into this man's soul. Generally speaking, I have let a very few people into my heart. It is a deep desire that I learn to be more open so that people can better understand what makes this man tick. My deepest desire is that they find at my core God's Holy Spirit driving all that I do.
These are the five things that ground this blog's direction. I suppose it is possible that other resolutions may find their way along the journey. But for now, these are the winds that will blow this blog forward.
I welcome you to board the ship and come along!