I am fairly certain that a number of my friends and family have come across my journal, and it would only be natural, I suppose, to scratch their heads in wonder.
Hey Dave Porter, I knew you when...
Please understand, you did know me when. There have been many times in my life where I have done "wild & crazy" things. Some I look back and laugh, some I look back and thank God for his providence, and some bring me great shame.
I am the same Dave Porter complete with all my various warts. This blog is about me and certainly makes no judgment on you. Furthermore, please understand that in no way do I now think that I am any better than you, or anyone else for that matter.
My objectives here are fairly simple. I believe in God. Therefore, if I do believe in God, why wouldn't I read the Scriptures and learn more? That's it, no more, no less.
Therefore, here are a few things, that you as my friends, and family, are not allowed to do:
- Assume that I think that I am somehow now better than you. NOPE! Same ole' guy here, just trying to know God.
- Assume that I might somehow judge you. NOPE! Same ole' guy here, just trying to know God.
- Assume that I am now somehow perfect and lacking in sin. NOPE! Same ole' guy here, just trying to know God.
- Assume that I have lost my mind and talking about weird things. NOPE! Same ole guy here, just trying to know God.
- Assume that my life will not change. Well, I would hope that this isn't likely. I would hope that you see a positive change. I would hope that my life might encourage you to consider getting to know God more. It is likely that you also believe in God. If so, why wouldn't you consider the same journey?
Do you get my drift? This journey is about me. This journey is my quest to know God more fully. This journey is a legacy for my family.
This journal is NOT to be construed as any adverse comment or judgment about you. Fair enough?
Having said all that, It would be great fun and a great honor if you would join me. You, as my friends and family, know me the most. Yet you, as my friends and family, have been the most silent.
I welcome you to the conversation, and the journey.